CSAV Journal 2022_Call for papers (3 PDF pages)
CSAV 2022_Call for papers_new deadline
Each edition is bilingual – English – Romanian – structured on seven sections and organized in approximately 200 – 350 pages / edition. The general topic of each edition is large enough to allow a rich variety of approaches.
01. Dossier : individual or group articles by professionals and educators, related to the topic of the edition as announced in the annual Call for papers section.
02. Design studio project: UAUIM and other Architecture Universities in the country studio projects, summer schools and workshops of the year. The materials should be composed of: an introduction text, architectural drawings, diagrams, models and 3Ds (if the case), bibliography.
03. Diploma project & dissertation: UAUIM and other Architecture Universities in the country diploma projects of contemporary architecture, urban planning, or landscape design that relate to the rural vernacular, diploma projects of restoration and conservation of vernacular buildings and sites.
04. PhD Research: UAUIM and other Architecture Universities in the country recent doctoral research resumés or chapter.
05. Profile: an article or presentation that promotes the work and professional profile of a specialist or group of specialists in the field.
06. Calendar: the popularisation of the annual schedule of the Vernacular Architecture Studies Centre – Schönberg : workshops, professional practice, events, exhibitions, etc. – section written by Marcel NEMETI.
07. Reviews: reviews written by academics of UAUIM, PhD candidates supervised by their tutors, of the latest books or events (national and international) on vernacular architecture and related research (culture, restoration, construction, conservation, economics, government policies, UNESCO & ICOMOS documents).
Technical instructions for authors:
All texts for Abstract and the final article will be written both in Romanian and English, following technical specifications and the deadlines. The text for Abstract will have 150 words, 3-5 keywords, in Microsoft Word format, edited with Times New Roman 11 font, at 1,5 lines.
All texts are peer-reviewed by the Scientific Board:
The selected texts to be published will be translated by their authors in English.
For Dossier and Research sections, the papers should be between 3,000 to a maximum of 5,000 words, including footnotes, references and tables.
For Reviews, the texts should be between 1,000 and 2,000 words.
Text: Authors are kindly asked to send their papers in Microsoft Word format, edited with Times New Roman 11 font, at 1,5 lines and a minimal page layout proposal strictly following the past editions one: each page has a 19 x 19 cm space for images and / or text. The images will be arranged throughout the text.
It is important to visually link the images with the corresponding text, so they can be “read” together.
Each article starts on a right page and ends on a left page.
In the title page authors must mention their professional titles and affiliation, professional email address and 3-5 keywords.
Illustrations must be in jpeg or tiff format, at 300 dpi and 1 MB size minimum.
The number of illustrations must be between 3 and 7, of good quality and expressive.
The images and drawings will mostly be published in black and white.
The list of illustrations (drawings and photos) must not have more than 100 words with spaces. Illustrations must be sent separately, named and their layout must be specified throughout the text. Authors are responsible for copyright rights and reproducing graphic materials.
This publication follows The Chicago Manual of Style: http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/16/contents.html
CSAV Journal ethics:CSAV Journal_ethics_2021
This is a „Ion Mincu” University of Architecture and Urban Planning thorugh its Center for Vernacular Architecture Studies publication.
Authors are legally responsible for the originality, accuracy of the information and correct and honest indication of sources, copyright of images, scientific content, GDPR issues.
All submitted materials must have an academic stand and elaboration.
Students and Ph.D. candidates can submit their work only under the careful guidance, validation, and responsibility of a professor or academic coordinator.
The projects and research articles can be transdisciplinary collaborations between different professionals and all authors must be mentioned, as the publication encourages learning from different fields.
Since 2012, 20 volumes of each edition are sent to and preserved in the National Library of Romania.
Call for papers 2021:CSAV 2021_Call for papers
Call for papers 2020:CSAV 2020_Call for papers_00
Call for papers 2019CSAV 2019_Call for papers
The Mexico Charter on The Built Vernacular Heritage (1999): https://www.icomos.org/charters/vernacular_e.pdf
Call for papers 2018CSAV 2018_Call for papers_NEW -1
Call for papers 2017CSAV_vol 8_Call for papers_EN
Call for papers 2016CSAV_vol-7_Call-for-papers_EN-1
Call for papers 2015CSAV_vol 6_Call for papers_EN